Your Dental Check-Up
Your Dental Health Starts With Regular Check-Ups
Regular visits to your dentist and dental hygienist is the best way to ensure your ongoing dental health. Your dentist and dental hygienist are qualified to identify any early or preventative problems before they become serious and painful. Your comprehensive dental exam will be carried out by your dentist and involves:
- Checking your face, neck, lips tongue, throat, gums for any signs of mouth/oral cancer.
- X-rays for the detection of decay, tumours/lumps, cysts, etc.*
- Examination of all tooth surfaces for tooth decay.
- Inspection of all existing restorations, e.g. Fillings, dentures, crowns, etc.
- Examination of the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
* Dental x-rays can reveal valuable information not generally detected during a dental exam. For example, bone loss, decay between teeth, and gum problems can be diagnosed with the help of x-rays. Your dentist or dental hygienist may recommend an x-ray based on the review of your medical and dental history, your age, signs and symptoms and other risk factors.
Your Comfort & Care Is Our Top Priority
If you’re anxious about a visit to the dentist, please know that it’s very common to experience dental anxiety. When you come for your appointment, please let us know. The caring and considerate staff at Worthing Road Dental Practice will endeavour to listen to your concerns and put you at ease. Please let us know if you have any questions regarding your appointment or treatment.
Contact us today to make an appointment or for further information.